IN TESTING… COMING SOON
Users with a district admin credential have the ability to create Customized Content and share it across the district. Along with the current Customized Content features available for teachers, district admins have the ability to leave separate instructions for students and teachers.
From your Studies Weekly Online account, select District Customized Content from the sub navigation bar.
The sub navigation bar collapses to optimize screen space. To reopen the menu, click the three lines (hamburger menu) next to the heading at the top of the page.
Every piece of District Customized Content will appear on the Customized Content list and be visible for all district admins. The District Customized Content will not appear for teachers until it is shared with them by a district admin. It will not appear for students until it is assigned by their teacher.
From the District Customized Content page, select the Create Customized Content button in the upper right corner.
Use the following image and instructions to create content for the district.
- Enter a Title and Instructions for the students. The title and instructions should be clear and concise to make sure teachers assign it to the correct class(es) and students understand the instructions.
- Select a Start Date and Due Date (the default due date is one week from the start date).
- Select a Start Time and Due Time (the default start time is 12:00 AM and the default due time is 11:59 PM).
- Check the box if you want to allow teachers (that are assigned to the District Customized Content) to be able to Edit the questions and due dates. (If checked, only the shared version is edited by teachers, not the original.)
Check the box if you want to allow teachers to be able to Grade. This is only necessary if you have added Open Response question types.
- Select a grade level. This optional feature helps district administrators filter schools and grades and will not affect who the content can be assigned to.
- Enter (optional) separate instructions for teachers.
- Check the box if you want the questions to be randomized for students.
- Add questions. Steps for this can be found below.
- Click Create to save. (It is an additional step to share the content with teachers. Click the Share button then follow the steps in the Share tab of this article.)
Use the following steps below to add your questions.
- Click +Add in the bottom left corner of your District Customized Content.
- Select whether you want to add your own Question, Item, or choose from our Question Bank, or Add Previously Created Customized Content. If you would like to add Open Response question types, consider who will grade the responses. If the box remains unchecked for teachers to grade District Customized Content, those question types will be disabled.
- Question Bank
- Add Previously Created
- Once you make your selection, fill in all the fields. (You will not click Create until you have finished adding all your questions or items.)
- To add additional questions or items, click the +Add button then repeat step 2.
- Click Create to save.
District Customized Content can be shared individually with teachers or with all teachers assigned to selected schools containing a specific activated publication.
Teachers will receive a notification (in their Studies Weekly Online Account Dashboard) that a district admin has shared District Customized Content with them. The content will then need to be assigned to their classes. Visit the How Teachers Assign District Customized Content article to learn more.
To share District Customized Content, navigate to the Customized Content page and click the Share button in the bottom right corner of the piece of content.
A pop-up modal will appear containing the sharing options. Once the content has been shared, the questions cannot be modified.
If a district admin attempts to edit the already shared Customized Content, a pop-up modal will appear, Click OK and a new copy will be created.
The original can be hidden by the district admin using the Visibility Toggle. Read more about the Visibility Toggle in the Edit tab of this article.
- Copy the shareable link and send it to any users in the district via email or other digital communication. If this option is chosen, the recipients must select which class(es) will be assigned the District Customized Content.
- Choose a publication to filter out extra schools or classes. Publications can be filtered by grade level to narrow down the list.
- Select which schools will receive the content. When schools are selected, teachers in those schools are automatically selected in the next step and then can be filtered.
- Choose which teachers will receive the content. If this option is chosen, the recipients must then select one or more of their classes to receive the content before it is visible to students. As the content is assigned by teachers, the number in the Assigned bubble will change.
When finished with your selections, click Save for the District Customized Content to be shared or Cancel to start over. After clicking Save, a notification will appear at the top of the screen confirming that sharing was successful.
District admins can see which classrooms teachers have assigned the District Customized Content to by selecting Assigned in the three dots menu.
There are two options for editing District Customized Content, please review each option before sharing what you have created with teachers.
Content can be removed from the Customized Content list as long as it has not been shared with any teachers.
If content has not been shared yet, you may edit everything within the District Customized Content. Navigate to the District Customized Content you want to edit and click the title or find the Edit button in the three dots menu as shown above.
The District Customized Content will appear on screen. Make the necessary edits (including adding more questions) then select Save in the bottom right corner.
The content is now ready to be shared.
If District Customized Content has already been shared with teachers, the only things that can be edited are the Title, Dates, and Times. If you try to remove or add questions, or change point values, a pop-up modal appears stating that the content can no longer be modified.
However, you do have the option to create a new copy and share the edited version by clicking OK on the pop-up modal. Then follow the steps above as if you were creating new content.
If you do not want to create a new copy, click the X.
Once the new version of District Customized Content is created, you will want to make the original copy hidden to teachers and students by toggling the Visibility Toggle off (from blue to gray) to prevent confusion.
If the Visibility Toggle is changed to gray, this will remove it from the teacher’s Customized Content list and the student’s To Do list. The box around the piece of content will also appear grayed out on the district admin’s Customized Content list as shown.
The new copy is now ready to be shared with teachers.
If teachers select their Notification Bell and click the original shared District Customized Content, they see a message stating it has been disabled, ensuring it is no longer accessible.