Teachers can add new students to a classroom by creating a new student account one at a time, creating multiple students at once, or using a Join Code.
See the How to Import Existing Students article for other ways to add students.
If the classroom was created by rostering, you will not be able to add students manually. See our articles on rostering here.
From your Studies Weekly Online account:
- Click Classes.
- Select the desired Classroom.
- Click the People tab.
- Click the Create Student button in the top right corner of the Students section.
- Enter student First Name.
- Enter student Last Name.
- Enter student Username.
- Enter student Password.
- A lowercase letter
- A capital (uppercase) letter
- A number
- Minimum of 5 characters
- Password criteria:
- Select the three dots / action menuin the top right corner of the Students section.
- Click Create Multiple Students.
- Type in or copy and paste each student name on a new line.
- Click Create.
Usernames and passwords will automatically be generated but can be changed later.
Join Codes are a simple way to invite students to a classroom. Teachers can either:.
- Copy and share the Join Code from the classroom subnav bar below the classroom name
- Select the three dots / action menu, then Generate Student Join Codes to print and distribute them to students
The Register page for students has a space to enter the Join Code. Or if students already have an account, they can log in and enter the Join Code when they click the “+” Add Classroom button on the Classrooms page.