- First Party Support
- Using the Studies Weekly CSV rostering service means you are working with a program that is developed and fully supported by Studies Weekly Online. With that, you can easily find helpful articles within this help center for setting up and troubleshooting your roster.
Plus, we can more readily implement your feedback about improving the rostering process because we have full control over how the Studies Weekly CSV rostering process is handled, and are not working through a third party rostering system.
- Automated Rostering through FTP
- If your district is familiar with using a file transfer protocol (FTP) client and syncing that with the district Student Information System (SIS) data, then the rostering process through Studies Weekly CSV can be automated. This accommodates changes you make in your SIS, automatically generating new files and updating the FTP server that connects with Studies Weekly Online. Because Studies Weekly Online syncs all files on a nightly basis, your roster will be updated daily.
- Single Sign-On through Google
- If the teacher and student accounts are rostered using Google-sourced emails for the usernames of the accounts, you can quickly and easily access Studies Weekly Online without the need to memorize a username or password.
After verifying their Google Account, students and teachers can use one of the following options to automatically log in each time:
1. Go through our Single Sign-on interface
2. Go to online.studiesweekly.com and select the LOGIN WITH GOOGLE button.
- Google Classroom
- After setting up the teacher and student accounts with Google-sourced email addresses, the teachers can also utilize the Google Classroom integration in Studies Weekly Online.
- Maintain Rostered Accounts
- This is the only roster method that allows you to switch back to manual access without losing data. This lets teachers have control over adding and removing students and managing their online accounts.
- Updating Files Difficult for Manual Users
- If your district is not automating the roster using a file transfer protocol (FTP), then any time you need to add or remove a teacher, student, or classroom, you will need to re-upload all 5 CSV template files (schools.csv, teachers.csv, students.csv, classes.csv, student_class.csv). Even if the change is just for one student, all of these CSV files are needed because they designate how your roster connects to Studies Weekly Online.
- Please find more information about the CSV formats in this Rostering explanation article.
- Strict Formatting
- Your CSV template files need to follow the formatting guidelines in order for the roster to sync successfully. While we continually make updates to make this formatting less strict, it is important to know that any blank rows, extra columns, duplicate users, and unmatching IDs in the files will cause the roster to sync incorrectly.
- Administrator Accounts
- Unlike other roster methods, administrator accounts cannot be created through Studies Weekly CSV rostering. We are working to change this, but for now, this must be done manually. Email our rostering team at email@example.com with a list of the users that need district/school administrative access and we will create those accounts for you.