You can earn coins by answering comprehension questions on Articles and Explore More media, and by completing the Misspilled vocabulary review. You can use these coins in the Study Buddies (COMING SOON!) and Explorers games.
View how many coins you have below your username on the Classrooms page. For example, this student has 100 coins.
Comprehension questions for articles and Explore More media are worth 10, 5, 3, or 1 coin(s) depending on how many tries it takes to get the correct answer.
- 10 coins = for answering correctly on the first attempt
- 5 = for answering correctly on the second attempt
- 3 = for answering correctly on the third attempt
- 1 = for answering correctly on the last attempt
Students earn coins by completing the Misspilled vocabulary review in a certain amount of time:
- Less than 5 minutes = 10 coins
- Less than 3 minutes = 20 coins
- Less than 2 minutes = 40 coins
If students finish in even less time, they can earn up to 70 coins.
Teachers can manually add coins to your account. If they do, you will see a notification above your username. Clicking the bell will show you the Coins Alert and a note from your teacher.