- Automated Rostering through FTP
- Due to the widespread use of the OneRoster CSV format, it is compatible with most Student Information Systems (SIS) and roster servers. It is easy to use as well, because you can automatically import roster data into OneRoster CSV files and then upload them to the Studies Weekly Online file transfer protocol (FTP) server.
Once uploaded, Studies Weekly Online syncs all files on a nightly basis. If you add or remove a student, teacher, or classroom through OneRoster, then that updated information will be in Studies Weekly Online by the next day.
- Multiple Formats Supported
- Studies Weekly Online supports the 1.0 and the 1.1 format versions for OneRoster CSV files.
- Single Sign-On through Google
- If the teacher and student accounts are rostered using Google-sourced emails for the usernames of the accounts, you can quickly and easily access Studies Weekly Online without the need to memorize a username or password.
After verifying their Google Account, students and teachers can use one of the following options to automatically log in each time:
1. Go through our Single Sign-on interface
2. Go to online.studiesweekly.com and select the LOGIN WITH GOOGLE button.
- Google Classroom
- After setting up the teacher and student accounts with Google-sourced email addresses, the teachers can also utilize the Google Classroom integration in Studies Weekly Online.
- Unable to Filter Data
- There are some roster servers and SIS servers that don't provide the ability to filter the data that is being shared to the CSV files that are uploaded to the Studies Weekly FTP server. Because of this, there may be teachers, students, and classrooms that are created in Studies Weekly Online for users that are not using the Studies Weekly publication.
- Limited Visibility
- When you share your roster with Studies Weekly Online through a third party service such as ClassLink or Clever, that roster becomes accessible for Studies Weekly support to view in cases where we are assisting with troubleshooting your roster.
With OneRoster CSV connections, we can reference the files you have uploaded to our FTP server, but this information may not reflect all of the data in your roster server, so it may be more difficult for our Customer Service team to assist with tech troubleshooting.