- Direct Connection
- Instead of going through a third party like Clever or ClassLink, your district can connect with Studies Weekly directly by setting up a roster server through your Student Information System (SIS).
- Automated Roster Updates
- After we set up the API connection between your roster and Studies Weekly Online, your roster data will be scheduled to sync on a nightly basis. If you ever need to add or remove a teacher or student, change a class, or update the credentials on an account, these updates will be automatically processed during the nightly sync.
- Single Sign-On through Google
- If the teacher and student accounts are rostered using Google-sourced emails for the usernames of the accounts, you can quickly and easily access Studies Weekly Online without the need to memorize a username or password.
After verifying their Google Account, students and teachers can use one of the following options to automatically log in each time:
1. Go through our Single Sign-on interface
2. Go to online.studiesweekly.com and select the LOGIN WITH GOOGLE button.
- Google Classroom
- After setting up teacher and student accounts with Google-sourced email addresses, teachers can utilize the Google Classroom integration in Studies Weekly Online.
- Unfiltered Data
- Depending on your Student Information System (SIS) and how your district rostering admin set up their internal roster server, you may be unable to filter the data you send to Studies Weekly Online. This means that accounts can potentially be created for everyone in the SIS, even users and classrooms that are not using the Studies Weekly publication.
- Limited Visibility
- When you share your roster directly with Studies Weekly Online or through a third party service such as ClassLink or Clever, Studies Weekly Customer Support Reps can view that roster, when needed, to assist with tech troubleshooting.
- But with OneRoster API connections, Customer Support Reps can only see the accounts listed in Studies Weekly Online. In cases where you are sharing users but they don't appear in Studies Weekly Online, Customer Support cannot view your roster server to help with troubleshooting.