Studies Weekly Online recommends using the Grade Section to score student submissions. However, teachers have the option to grade or view student submissions using the Table of Contents.
From your Studies Weekly Online account and within the desired Classroom Card, click a publication to open it or click View All Publications.
Once a publication has been selected, click a Unit and Week to open it, then click Grade:
From the Grade tab, teachers can perform the following actions:
- Navigate to different content within the selected week. (In this example, Week 1: Government Assessment was clicked.) If you do not see the Navigation Bar on the left, you will need to zoom out.
- Use the Graded, Not Turned In, or Ungraded buttons to filter student submissions. All Students is the default view.
- Select a student to view or grade their submission(s) for the chosen content. (In this example the student “Sunny Day” was selected.)
- If the teacher or student made a comment, the Comment button will be visible. To learn more about comments, visit the article How to Navigate the Grade Section.
- Teachers can also assign a retake by clicking the Retake Button. This will change the view to a Submissions section to be able to view each submission separately. To learn more about retakes, visit the article How to Allow a Student to Retake a Submission and click the Publication tab.
- Clicking the three dots to the right of a student name, allows the teacher to Edit the student account or Login As the student.
- After a student submission is selected, teachers will see the Date and Time, Number of Submissions, Coins, and Score for the selected content. (In this example, Week 1: Government Assessment is selected for Sunny Day.)
- A dropdown box allows quick access to view All, Needs to Be Graded, Incorrect, Correct, or Partially Correct responses.
- Quickly change a student’s score from Needs to Be Graded by clicking the appropriate option; Correct, Partially Correct, or Incorrect, then click Update Scores.
- The Retake Not allowed button can be clicked to change it to Retake Allowed. This allows the student another attempt at the selected content and will change the view to a Submissions page. Teachers will be able to view each attempt separately.
To learn more about retakes, visit the article How to Allow a Student to Retake a Submission and click the Publication tab.