If a student answers an Article comprehension question or Explore More Media question incorrectly, they will not be able to select a different response or move on to the next question for a short amount of time. The delay gives the student an opportunity to go back to the article to find the correct answer or read the question again before they make another attempt.
Students are required to answer all questions before moving on to the the next task.
Teachers can only view this feature if they are logged in as a student. For information on how to log in as a student see the How to Navigate the People Page article.
Disable Time Delay
By default, Delay After Wrong Answer is enabled for all students. This feature can be disabled or enabled for individual students or the entire class.
From your Studies Weekly Online account and within the desired Classroom Card, click People.
For individual students:
- Click the three dots for the individual student you wish to disable/enable the delay.
- Click Edit.
- In the pop-up box, click the toggle from blue to gray to disable.
- Click Save.
For an entire class:
- Under Students, click the checkbox to the left of the Find Students search box. This will select all of the students in your classroom and add a new button for bulk actions.
- Click Bulk Actions, then select Edit.
- Click the toggle from blue to gray to disable.
- Click Update.