KWL charts are graphic organizers that help students organize information as they go through a class activity. Teachers can use KWL charts for almost any in-class or out-of-class activity. The acronym KWL stands for:
- Know - what do your students already know about the subject?
- Want - what do your students want to learn?
- Learned - what did they learn from the activity?
Students complete each section before, during, and after the activity.
Access KWL Charts Online
- Log in to Studies Weekly Online
- Click on the PD Training tab
- Click on the Instructional Strategies category
- Find the Mini KWL sheets
- Click the links on the bottom to download the Mini KWL sheet in English or Spanish
- A PDF version of the KWL charts will open in another tab. Print or download the mini KWL charts from this page