NOTICE: If you would rather allow your teachers to manage their own classrooms and students, please direct them to the registration page where they can create an account manually. The teachers will have the option to upload their students in bulk using an Excel spreadsheet.
Instructions on how to register as a teacher can be found here:
Rostering with Studies Weekly allows districts to upload CSV data files to create and manage teacher and student accounts, as well as teacher classrooms.
To synchronize your district’s roster data with Studies Weekly, prepare the following 4 CSV files (the 5th being optional) containing information about teachers, students, and classes. Example CSV files can be found below.
After these files are prepared, You can upload them to our SFTP server using your district credentials or you can upload them using our district administrator web portal. For information about the SFTP server, to request SFTP credentials, or to request web portal credentials, please contact our rostering support team at email@example.com.
Notice: The names of the CSV files you upload must match the following file names exactly and must be UTF-8 encoded.
- teachers.csv - This file is used to create teacher accounts. We will use the teacher's email address as their username and email new accounts their login information. Teachers are allowed to change their password unless you opt to set it for them. You can find your school IDs by clicking the button below. Click here for more instructions on how to compile these files.
- classes.csv - This file is used to create classes. The main teacher for a class is specified here. If you would like to assign multiple teachers to a class, you can assign them in the teacher_class.csv file. Click here for more instructions on how to compile these files.
- students.csv - This file is used to create student accounts. The parent_email field is not required. By default, teachers are able to set their students' usernames and passwords. If a district would like to provide custom credentials, they can do so by adding a column titled username and a column titled password. Click here for more instructions on how to compile these files.
- student_class.csv - This file is used to link the students to their classes. Click here for more instructions on how to compile these files.
- teacher_class.csv - This file is optional. It allows you to assign multiple teachers to one class. Click here for more instructions on how to compile these files.
Every evening Studies Weekly will retrieve the files on the server for your district and process them, updating your teacher and student accounts on Studies Weekly with the most recent information. The files will not be deleted after they are processed.
If you have any questions, please contact our rostering support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.